Pakistan Christian TV

Breaking news and world news from Pakisthan Christian TV on Business, Sports, Culture. Video news. News from the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, America.

حصاد 2021.. تغير المناخ يقرع جرس الإنذار عالميا

2021 is an exceptional year .. Climate change is raising the alarm globally

2021 is not normal for global efforts to combat climate change and improve sustainability, especially at a time when dozens of international and UN reports have been published on the importance of maintaining commitments to achieve carbon neutrality.

This year, the United States officially returned to the Paris Climate Agreement to strengthen the global fight against climate change. At a time when the administration of US President Joe Biden is planning drastic cuts in emissions over the next three decades.

Foreign scholars and diplomats welcomed Washington’s return to the agreement, which became official 30 days after Biden issued his executive order on the move on his first day.

The United States is the only country to withdraw from the 2015 agreement, which was signed by nearly 200 countries to combat the catastrophic effects of climate change.

US President Joe Biden has pledged to reduce global methane emissions by 30% by 2030, noting that “what we do in the short term until 2030 will affect what we do in the long run.”

Glasgow Summit

Last November, the Scottish city of Glasgow hosted the United Nations Climate Summit “COP26”, which came out with pledges in favor of countries emitting high levels of carbon dioxide.

The pledges come after the United Nations called on countries around the world to pursue ambitious 2030 emissions reduction targets to reach net zero by the middle of the century.

The world’s most emitting countries, led by China and the United States, are under pressure from international and civil society organizations to take bold action to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

See also  Origin of antibiotic resistant bacteria in poultry due to Salmonella vaccine

According to UN data released this year, China and the United States export 40% of total emissions annually, while the 15 largest countries export 72% of total emissions, with the remaining percentage (28%) remaining. The world.

Moreover, this year saw the sharp message from the United Nations that the key emitting nations must fulfill the importance of fulfilling the promises of raising at least $ 100 billion a year in climate funding that have not been made since the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement.

Environmental organizations and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres have complained that in the last two years since the last UN conference in Madrid, many countries have not tightened their climate plans enough and postponed the necessary rapid evacuation. Coal and oil and gas.

Facing the climate crisis was a major issue in Rome at the end of last October, at the summit of the Heads of State and the Government of the Twenty Group, which did not come out with a statement coordinating views by setting a timetable. Carbon reaches neutral.

One of the most significant reports on climate change this year, the UK Meteorological Office’s report at the COP26 Climate Summit said that if global warming reached 2 ° C above pre – industrial levels, nearly one billion people would face deadly heat stress.

Today, approximately 68 million people worldwide are affected by severe heat stress, according to research by the UK Met Office, which sets the upper limit of human tolerance to 35 ° C at the wet-bulb level.