with entry Russian military operation On its sixth day, satellite images from the company “Maxar” showed a Russian military convoy with a length of more than 3 miles heading towards the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv.
The US-based company published new satellite images that showed the Russian military convoy, near the Ivankiv region, about 40 miles (60 km) northwest of the Ukrainian capital. She attached it to a postal letter in which she said that the column “extends from the border of Antonov Airport (about 25 kilometers from the center of Kyiv) in the south to the outskirts of Prybirsk” in the north.
Since the start of the military operation in Ukraine, Antonov Airport has witnessed fierce battles, as the attacking forces seek to control this strategic facility, which greatly facilitates its control of Kyiv.
“Maxar” explained that the queue “consists of vehicles, part of which runs somewhat apart from each other, and the other part runs side by side in two or three tight rows.”
In the photos, long lines of vehicles were seen driving behind each other on roads in the Ukrainian countryside, sometimes close to smoke that the company said was caused by fires in nearby buildings.
On the other hand, the American company published other photos that showed a new deployment of Russian forces.
Helicopter units and ground assault forces
It also monitored the deployment of helicopter units comprising ground offensive forces in southern Belarus, less than 32 km north of the Ukrainian border.
These developments came as the Russian Ministry of Defense announced the destruction of 1,146 Ukrainian military sites since the start of the Russian operation, in addition to 6 Ukrainian military convoys, including 31 command and communication centers, 81 S-300, Buk M-1 and Osa missile systems, and 75 radar stations.
It also confirmed the destruction of 311 tanks and armored vehicles, 42 planes and helicopters, including those perched on their stands, 51 missile launchers, and 147 artillery positions of all kinds.
A second round of negotiations
Politically, on Monday, the Russian and Ukrainian delegations left the negotiating room and returned to their countries to hold consultations in their respective capitals, after they agreed to hold a “second round” of talks, according to what the two parties announced.
One of the Ukrainian negotiators, Mikhailo Podolyak, said that the two sides had identified a series of priorities and issues that required some decisions before holding a second round of negotiations, stressing that the talks were difficult.
His Russian counterpart, Vladimir Medinsky, indicated that the new meeting will take place soon on the Polish-Belarusian border.
Prior to the start of the negotiations, Russian negotiator Vladimir Medinsky said that his country wanted to reach an agreement that would be in the interest of both sides.
While the Belarusian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced on Facebook previously, that the negotiation platform was fully prepared, for the delegations of the two countries to attend.
On Sunday, Kyiv announced its acceptance of holding talks with Moscow on the border with Belarus, near Chernobyl, without any preconditions.
It is noteworthy that the Russian military operation, which was launched at the dawn of February 24 on the Ukrainian lands, was halted on Friday for a period in the hope of negotiation, but it returned and resumed in all directions at a later time.
“Reader. Infuriatingly humble travel enthusiast. Extreme food scholar. Writer. Communicator.”