The movement of goods across the English Channel has been accelerated
Trade between the United Kingdom and the European Union fell 41 percent in February to January. Exports from the island kingdom to the EU rose 46.6 percent to 11.6 billion pounds or about 346 billion crowns in February, according to data released by the British Federal Statistics Office on Tuesday. However, a year ago, the authority said that exports were even weaker than Britain had more access to the European single market. Imports from EU countries are even worse. Station BBC He added that in addition to the new rules after Brexit, this was mainly due to continued epidemic controls.
US and British troops leave Afghanistan
The United States will gradually withdraw all of its 2,500 troops from Afghanistan this year. However, they will not do so until May 1, as promised by the previous administration of President Donald Trump. To commemorate the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, current White House President Joe Biden has set a new date for 9/11. According to the U.S. Troops newspaper The Times British troops on departure. Without US support, it would be difficult for them to continue operating in Afghanistan. The British have 750 troops in the Middle East.
From markets and stock markets
European stocks rose and US stocks closed mixed
Stock markets in the United States disagreed on Tuesday. Technology companies are particularly successful, for example, in Johnson & Johnson, which failed due to concerns about the safety of its corona virus vaccine. The S&P 500 index rose 0.33 percent to a new high. The Nasdaq mix strengthened 1.05 percent. But the Dow Jones fell 0.2 percent. European markets strengthened slightly. The French CAC 40 index rose 0.36 percent. The German DAX added 0.13 percent and the British FTSE 100 0.02 percent.
Luxury items have returned, and Asia has helped him
The company warns that the luxury goods market is recovering faster than expected from the Corona crisis Bloomberg. The French team LVMH, which includes well-known fashion brands Moyd Hennessy and Louis Vuitton, announced the best quarterly financial results on Tuesday, which even surpassed the company’s performance in 2019. For the first three months of this year, the company’s total sales increased eight percent, benefiting LVMH. Sales, mainly from Asia, rose 86 percent in the first quarter. In the United States it has increased by 23 percent. In contrast, the European market is in red.
Tweet of the day
Chinese or Czech minister?https://t.co/rf2Iek9h0a
– John Novotny (an John Novotny) April 13, 2021
There will be Chekia The new leader of diplomacy.
It will happen today
- The Economic Committee of the European Parliament will discuss its position on the project Guide trading in cryptocurrencies.
- In the US market, Nasdaq will start trading Shares in Coinbase Global, Which enables the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the United States.
- Under control Italian-Czech digital forum 2021 Innovation and Sustainability in Business about future trends and successful examples of industry.
- The International Monetary Fund will issue a new one in the afternoon Vision for the European Economy.
- Brussels will announce Development of industrial production In EU countries for the month of February.
- A negotiation between the CDU / CSU, the German government trade union Candidate for Federal Chancellor.
- The EU General Court will decide The case of the Irish low-cost airline Ryanair Against government support for Scandinavian countries for infected airlines.
- The big US banks will publish their financial results in the first quarter Goldman socks a J.P. Morgan Chase.
“Coffee trailblazer. Social media ninja. Unapologetic web guru. Friendly music fan. Alcohol fanatic.”