Pakistan Christian TV

Breaking news and world news from Pakisthan Christian TV on Business, Sports, Culture. Video news. News from the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, America.

For the second time .. Australia cancels the visa of Djokovic, the number one in the world

For the second time .. Australia cancels the visa of Djokovic, the number one in the world

For the second time, the Australian authorities have canceled the entry visa of the Serbian tennis star, Novak Djokovic, the number one in the world, to its territory for the second time and will deport him, due to the issue of not receiving the vaccine against Covid-19, as announced by the Minister of Immigration Friday..

“Today I have exercised my authority under Section 133c(3) of the Immigration Act to cancel the visa held by Mr. Novak Djokovic on grounds of health and order, on the grounds that it is in the public interest to do so,” Immigration Minister Alex Hook said in a statement.

The decision means that Djokovic is prevented from obtaining an entry visa to Australia for a period of 3 years, except in exceptional circumstances.

Hook said Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s government is “strongly committed to protecting Australia’s borders, particularly in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Close sources said that the Serbian player is studying the options available to him after this decision was issued.

Djokovic, ranked first in the world, was Yemeni, by winning the Australian Championship for the tenth time in his career and setting the record for the number of major titles in the Grand Slam tournaments (21), but his quest is in danger..

On the fifth of January, Djokovic arrived in Australia, thanks to a special exemption, as he was infected with Covid-19 on the 16th of last month, but the authorities refused to allow him to enter, considering that the reasons for exempting the unvaccinated player do not meet the strict conditions imposed on entering its territory within the framework of Fighting Covid to have his visa rejected and transferred to the Melbourne Passenger Detention Center.

The Serbian star applied to appeal the decision and succeeded in his quest after a federal judge ordered his immediate release, and indeed that happened, and “Dioko” trained on the main stadium of the Australian Championship normally in recent days, but his participation was suspended pending the decision of the Minister of Immigration, which was taken today..


Follow our latest local and sports news and the latest political and economic developments via Google news

Participate

Print




See also  A resounding European fall for Real Madrid at the "Santiago Bernabeu"