Anthony Fossy on Wednesday called on Americans to get vaccinated to prevent the spread of the highly contagious COVID-19 virus, which was first detected in India, which currently causes 6% of infections in the United States.
Why do you worry: The United Kingdom has seen the outbreak of new cases as a result of this variation, which is now dominant and may be linked to increased severity of the disease.
- United Kingdom Mentioned There were 7,540 new cases on Wednesday, mostly spread among young people infected with the virus.
- Evidence suggests that Pfizer and Moderna vaccines may be more effective against this variant, citing Fassi as emphasizing the urgent need for more Americans to be vaccinated.
What they say: “We can’t announce the victory in advance because there are still a lot of people who have not been vaccinated,” Fowzie told CNN on Wednesday.
- “We do not want what is happening in the United States to happen in the United States.
- “What can we do to get people vaccinated because we have the best vaccines.”
Large image: The vaccination rate in the United States dropped last week, and vaccination is down 13% compared to the previous week. Washington Post.
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson in the United Kingdom is considering halting plans to reopen the company on June 21 due to a new increase. Washington Post.
- President Biden also warned of the situation in the UK and called for young Americans to be vaccinated. “If you’re young and haven’t had a chance yet, this is really the time. It’s the best way to protect yourself and the people you love.” Biden wrote in a tweet Tuesday evening.
“Student. Pop culture ninja. Enthusiastic food expert. Dedicated TV geek. Twitterholic.”