Thank you for reading a news about technology: How can iPhone users roll back the beta version from iOS 15 to iOS 14? And now with the details of the news
Cairo – Samia Sayed – To try the new features of iOS 15, you may have downloaded the iOS 15 Beta version on your iPhone to test the pre-release software, but after a few days you may have encountered some bugs and issues and want to downgrade to iOS 14 Because iOS 15 is not stable yet.
Things to consider before downgrading to iOS 14
You can’t restore back to iOS 14 if you backed up your phone while your device was on iOS 15, also to roll back iOS 15 means you will be prompted to erase all data on that iPhone, so make sure you have a backup of your iPhone.
If you installed watchOS 8 beta on your Apple Watch and downgraded to iOS 14 on the iPhone that the Apple Watch was paired with, you will not be able to use your smartwatch after the rollback.
Here’s how to roll back iOS 15 Beta to iOS 14
1. Put your iPhone in recovery mode.
Turn off your iPhone.
Enter recovery mode.
iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, press and quickly release the Volume Down button, after that, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
2. Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC using a lightning cable and open iTunes if it doesn’t turn on automatically.
3. iTunes will detect that your iPhone is in recovery mode and ask you what to do.
4. Click the Restore button on the pop-up window.
5. Next, click on Restore and Update.
6. Click “Next” in the iOS 14 software updater and click “Agree” after reading the terms and conditions.
7. After restoring your iPhone, go to Backups and click Restore Backup.
8. Select the backup you created before installing iOS 15 Beta on your iPhone.
9. Your phone will revert back to iOS 14 after the restore is complete.
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”