Every year Apple releases major software updates for your iPhone, a slew of new features are also introduced, and it’s always fun to try out these new capabilities on your current phone. But first, you’ll need to get the new version of iOS on your device, and here’s exactly how to do that.
Apple has released the iOS 16.1 and then iOS 16.2 download version for all users, as the update debuts a number of new features such as iCloud Shared Photo Library, Live Activities, Clean Power Charging, and more. You can also see all the new features that were released today in the release notes below…
December 13, 2022: Apple releases iOS 16.2
This update introduces iCloud Shared Photo Library, making it easy to update your family photos. This version also adds support for third-party apps in Live Activities, support for Apple Fitness on iPhone even if you don’t have the Apple Watch app, and includes other features and bug fixes. for your iPhone.
Also read: iOS 16: The latest update fixes a serious zero-day flaw that was exploited
iCloud Shared Photo Library
- Separate library for seamless sharing of photos and videos with up to five other people
- Setup rules allow you to easily contribute past photos based on the start date or people in the photos when you set up or join a library
- Library filters to quickly switch between viewing a shared library, personal library, or both libraries together
- Also, shared edits and permissions allow everyone to add, edit, favourite, comment and delete photos
- Toggle sharing in Camera lets you choose to send photos you take directly to the shared library, or enable a setting to share automatically when other participants are detected nearby using Bluetooth.
October 10, 2022: Download iOS 16.0.3
The next version of iOS 16 is finally available, and it brings with it some major bug fixes. This update also provides a number of bug fixes for issues affecting iPhone 14 models:
- Incoming call and app notifications may be delayed or not delivered on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Low microphone volume can occur during phone calls in the car on iPhone 14 models
- The camera may be slow to launch or switch between modes on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Mail crashes on launch after receiving malformed email.
Also read: iOS 16: Old iPhones can be jailbroken using this tool
September 22, 2022: Apple releases iOS 16.0.2
The next version of iOS 16 is finally here, and it brings with it some major bug fixes:
- As two major errors have been eliminated in this update, which is the camera shake error that affects some iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone Pro Max users.
- Also gone is the copy-and-paste bug that caused system alerts to pop up often for pasting across apps.
- More bug fixes are included in the iOS 16.0.2 download so be sure to download it as soon as possible.
September 12, 2022: Apple releases iOS 16
Apple has just released iOS 16 for everyone. This is a huge update for iOS, and includes all-new features like customizable lock screens, edit and undo sends in Messages, multi-stop routing in Maps, iPhone feature improvements like Live Text and Visual Lookup, and more.
The easiest way for most people to download iOS is via streaming to their device, which is fast, efficient and simple.
- Make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- Start Settings from your home screen.
- Click General.
- Then tap on Software Update.
- Click Download and Install.
- Enter your passcode, if prompted.
- Click on I agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click OK again to confirm.
The download will start automatically, if it doesn’t start downloading immediately, you may see a notification: “Preparing to download”, give it a few minutes and it will start downloading soon.
Also read: You can now easily transfer WhatsApp conversations from Android to iOS, here’s how!
How to download iOS 16.2 using your Mac
If you have limited space on your device or the software update is not working for any reason, you can update using your Mac.
- Make sure you have a recent backup, and make it encrypted so that all your passwords and other private data are preserved.
- Connect your iPhone using the USB to Lightning connector or the USB to Dock 30-pin cable.
- Under Finder, click the device icon in the upper left to go to the Device tab.
- Click Check for Update in the Summary pane.
- Then click Download and Update
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Finally, enter the passcode on your iPhone, if prompted.
How to install iOS 16.2 download on developer or public beta
You can install the public version of this iOS update over a beta if your device is still running this version, here is a guide on how to update from the iOS beta to the official version.
It’s time to explore the latest and best that iOS has to offer, as you can see, the process of getting the new software update on the best iPhone is very easy and straightforward.
Note that the easiest way is certainly directly over the phone, but it is not always the fastest, so if you want to do it sooner, the best way is to update using a Mac or PC through Finder or iTunes.
But, since your iPhone now has the latest iOS version, it’s time to test it out and play with all the cool new features that it has to offer.
With this operating system after downloading iOS 16.2, you will be able to do things like customize the lock screen, edit and undo send on any message, make multiple stops on a route in Maps, and much more.
Also read: iOS 16.1: Here are the best features that come with the new update
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”
The full version of Diablo 4 will be better than the beta
Huawei officially announces its Huawei Mate X3 foldable phone
NASA is monitoring a “huge anomaly” in the Earth’s magnetic field to reveal its mystery