Enables fingerprint or lock feature WhatsApp chats To keep your messages safe from snoopers, the feature works on both iOS and Android, so you are safe on either operating system.
It should give you peace of mind when you hand your phone to someone else, as they can look at your device while you are safe knowing that they can’t access your WhatsApp messages.
It’s also great if you don’t want the public phone lock feature, but want to make sure your messages stay private, and gives you a second layer of security, in case anyone knows your phone’s access code or pattern.
How to enable fingerprint or face lock for Android
First, make sure that you have updated to the latest version of WhatsApp on your Android phone.
If you’re not sure how to do it, open the Google Play Store and locate WhatsApp – and download any available updates.
Then follow these steps:
Open WhatsApp and tap Settings
Then go to Account, then Privacy
– You will then see an option for Fingerprint Lock – tap on it
– Turn on Unlock With Fingerprint and confirm your fingerprint
– Then choose a period of time for the auto-lock to occur
– If at any point the feature is bothering you, it is possible to turn it off by following the above steps again.
How to enable fingerprint or face lock for iOS
Of course, Fingerprint Lock has been available on iPhones for a while.
How to do it:
Open WhatsApp and go to Settings
– Next, tap Account, then tap Privacy
– At the bottom, choose Lock Screen
– You can then choose to unlock WhatsApp using Touch ID or Face ID, depending on your iPhone
– Choose the amount of time required for Screen Lock
– Then the next time you open your app, you will be prompted to unlock it
Remember that you can turn this feature off at any time.
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”