The spectrum of the late designer Karl Lagerfeld was strongly present yesterday evening during the “Met Gala 2023” party that was held at the Metropolitan Museum in New York under the title “In honor of Karl” and in celebration of this iconic personality that changed the face of fashion.
The looks chosen for this exceptional party varied between old designs bearing the signature of Karl Lagerfeld himself and outfits inspired by his personality bearing the signature of the most famous international fashion houses. Some of the looks were decorated with a picture of Lagerfeld and the letters of his name.
Actor Jeremy Pope arrived at the ceremony wearing a “Kappa” signed by Olivier Rousteing, Creative Director of Balmain. This “cape” came with a 10-meter-long tail, and was decorated with a hand-embroidered floral embodiment of the image of the late designer Karl Lagerfeld. It was executed by 70 seamstresses using more than 5,000 meters of chiffon.
Balmain cap with a picture of Lagerfeld worn by actor Jeremy Pope
– Actress Lily Collins chose a monochromatic look that bore the signature of Vera Wang, and the tail of her long skirt was decorated with the name KARL, which was executed with crystal stones.
Actor Jared Leto portrayed the late designer Karl Lagerfeld’s famous cat, Choupette. For the occasion, he disguised himself as a white cat, signed by Karl Lagerfeld.
Doja Cat poses at the Met Gala. (Reuters)
– The star Doja Cat also chose a look inspired by “Chopette”, which took the form of a long white dress accompanied by a headdress decorated with cat ears. She made adjustments to her makeup on her face and nails, in keeping with the character of the cat she represents. Her look bore the signature of Oscar de La Renta and was decorated with luxurious diamond jewelry from Messika.
– The star Dua Lipa chose a white dress from the archives of the Chanel House and signed by Lagerfeld himself, in which the model Claudia Schiffer previously appeared in a fashion show for the house during the year 1992. Dua Lipa was adorned with diamond jewelry from Tiffany & Co that was set with more than 200 carats of diamonds.
– German model Gisele Bundchen also chose a white dress from the archives of the Chanel House, which she had previously appeared in in a fashion photography. This dress bears Lagerfeld’s signature and is accompanied by a huge “cap” of feathers.
– Australian star Nicole Kidman starred in a powdery pink gown from the archives of the house and signed by Lagerfeld himself, in which she had previously appeared in filming a short advertisement for N5 perfume more than twenty years ago.
– Spanish actress Penelope Cruz, one of Chanel’s ambassadors, chose a dress from the house’s haute couture spring-summer 1988 collection. She posted a picture of her look on her Instagram page, with the comment, “Dear Karl, I hope you feel the love, I know you.”
– The star, Jennifer Lopez, adopted a dramatic look signed by Ralph Lauren, which combined the colors of light pink and black. Her gown was accompanied by two long tails, an innovative hat, and black gloves.
– The pink and black duo was also adopted by model Ashley Graham, who chose a dress with huge cuts and details that bore the signature of Harris Reed.
The model, Gigi Hadid, adopted the black color for her look, which bore the signature of the House of Givenchy, and she coordinated it with diamond and pearl jewelry.
– The Barbadian star, Rihanna, chose a striking look consisting of a long white dress accompanied by a short “cap” adorned with huge camellia flowers, which are considered one of the symbols of the Chanel house. Her look bore the signature of Valentino.
– Veteran star Glenn Close adopted symbols that were dear to the late Lagerfeld, including the white collar and multiple necklaces. Her look consisted of a huge gray “cape” dress, which bore the signature of Erdem.
British model Cara Delevingne was one of Karl Lagerfeld’s inspirations. On this occasion, she appeared in a Karl Lagerfeld signature look that took the form of a white dress in the form of a shirt and coordinated it with black leather gloves, which are among the iconic pieces that Lagerfeld used in his personal appearance.
– Singer Cardi B evoked the symbols dear to Lagerfeld’s heart, such as the white collar, black tie, and camellia flowers in her look, which was signed by Chen Peng.
Reality TV star Kim Kardashian chose Schiaparelli for her look. And she relied on pearls as an element of Chanel’s symbols, to reintroduce it in her own style.
Kim’s dress was adorned with more than 50,000 pearls and 16,000 crystals, and about 12 craftsmen worked for more than 1,000 hours to implement it.
“Writer. Communicator. Award-winning food junkie. Internet ninja. Incurable bacon fanatic.”
Accusing the Turkish returnee of the Best Actress Award in Cannes of opposing Erdogan
Sham Al-Dhahabi: My mother, Asala, deserves the title “The Voice of Egypt”
The most famous influencers residing in the Gulf countries