Microsoft recently intensified its campaign against its rival browser Google Chrome, as the Edge browser started displaying new prompts whenever a user visited the Chrome browser download page, and these prompts were not like any other popups that are usually displayed on various websites, where the new claims were originally made by Edge and were very different from those users see when they open Google Search or Gmail on the original browser.
But the tech giant later backed out of the campaign and stopped making those claims. The company also made it easier to change your default web browser on Windows 11. If you want to change the default browser on Windows 11, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to settings on your computer.
2. Find the Applications section and click on it.
3. From the panel on the left side of the screen, click on Default apps.
4. At the top of the page, you can find the option to select your default browser but as we mentioned above, you still have to change the default app for many extensions like HTTP, HTTPS, HTML, etc.
5. The option to change the default application of different extensions can be found on the same page, you just have to click on the default browser option under the extension type.
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”