Pakistan Christian TV

Breaking news and world news from Pakisthan Christian TV on Business, Sports, Culture. Video news. News from the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, America.

Pele recovering after surgery to remove a colon polyp

Pele recovering after surgery to remove a colon polyp

Sao Paulo (Reuters)

Brazilian football legend Pele said on Monday he is recovering in hospital after undergoing surgery to remove a colon polyp.

Pele, the only three-time World Cup winner, did not say if the tumor was malignant, but the 80-year-old former Santos and New York Cosmos player said he was feeling better.

And he said in a comment on social media: I underwent surgery last Saturday to remove a tumor in the right part of my colon.

The tumor was discovered during tests she underwent last week. Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo said in a statement that Pele is currently in intensive care, but is expected to be transferred to a room tomorrow, Tuesday.

The statement added that the tumor is currently undergoing examination. Fortunately, I am used to celebrating big victories with you, I face this match with a smile on my face, a lot of optimism and happiness because I am surrounded by the love of my family and friends.

This news comes hours after a Brazilian news website announced that Pele had spent six days in hospital after entering her for annual checkups. It also came days after Pele refuted reports that he had lost consciousness.

“Guys, I haven’t passed out and I’m in very good health, I went for routine tests that I couldn’t do before because of the Covid-19 pandemic, let them know I won’t play next Sunday’s game,” Pele wrote on his Instagram account, accompanied by a picture of him smiling.

See also  Manchester City star on Barcelona's radar