Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi’s account on “Facebook” stated that his lawyers left the Sabha Court of First Instance after the judges refrained from holding a hearing to consider the appeal against the Electoral Commission’s decision to disqualify their client.
Local news websites reported that the Appeals Committee of the Sebha Court of First Instance apologized for considering the appeal submitted to it by Saif al-Islam Muammar Gaddafi’s lawyers against the decision of the Libyan High Electoral Commission, which ruled that he was initially excluded from the electoral race.
It was also reported in this context that Khaled Al-Zaidi, Saif Al-Islam’s lawyer, left the city of Sebha for the capital, Tripoli, with the aim of holding a meeting with members of the Supreme Judicial Council, with the aim of discussing what is going on, and trying to file the appeal submitted by his client in Tripoli instead of Sebha.
Regarding the circumstances of what happened in the Sebha Court of First Instance, it was pointed out that Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi’s lawyer attended on the set date for the scheduled session regarding the appeal submitted, but the judicial department did not attend with all its members, and the session was postponed until the completion of the attendance of the members of the judicial department, which is long overdue. It did not happen.
As for Khalifa Haftar, who is a tentative candidate for the presidential elections, the First Instance Appeals Committee of the Libyan Court of Appeals Benghazi rejected an appeal that had been submitted against him by another candidate for the presidential elections, Abdul Majeed Saif Al-Nasr.
Saif Al-Nasr said in a press statement: “I have filed an appeal against Khalifa Haftar in Benghazi since last Thursday, and the rejection of the appeal is a matter left to the judiciary and we do not interfere in it.” new”.
On November 16, Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar announced his candidacy for the presidential elections in Libya, and officially submitted his candidacy papers to the Electoral Commission in Benghazi.
On the other hand, Abdel Hamid al-Dabaiba, head of the national unity government, left the Libyan presidential race after the appeals court in the capital, Tripoli, accepted two appeals against his initial candidacy for the presidential elections scheduled for December 24.
Two parties had filed appeals against Dabaiba’s candidacy, the first from the presidential candidate, former Minister of Interior Fathi Bashagha, and the second by the candidates for the Libyan presidential elections, the head of the “Revival of Libya” bloc, Aref Al-Nayed, the businessman, Muhammad Al-Muntasir, and the former Minister of Higher Education, Othman. Abdul Jalil, Member of the Libyan House of Representatives, Mrs. Al-Yaqoubi, and member of the Political Dialogue Forum, Ahmed Al-Sharkasi.
Mystery still surrounds aspects of the Libyan presidential and parliamentary elections scheduled for December 24, with some officials hinting that they may be postponed, in addition to the intense debate surrounding the candidacy of some personalities, especially Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar and Gaddafi’s son Saif al-Islam, who the High Elections Commission said is not eligible to run. Presidential elections, based on a previous conviction against him.
“Reader. Infuriatingly humble travel enthusiast. Extreme food scholar. Writer. Communicator.”