With the polls closed in a large number of states, on Tuesday, the preliminary results will not change the balance of power in the country SenateCurrently controlled by the Democrats.
The most prominent preliminary results and the latest news:
• Incumbent Republican Senator Tim Scott wins South Carolina.
• Republican Todd Young wins in Indiana.
• Republican Rand Paul wins in Kentucky.
• Democrat Peter Welch wins in Vermont.
• Re-election of Republican Ron DeSantis, aspiring to run in the presidential elections in 2024, as governor of Florida.
• Republic Kai Ivy retained her position as governor of the state of Alabama.
• Republican Ron DeSantis, aspiring to run in the presidential elections in 2024, was re-elected as governor of Florida.
• Democrat Wes Moore won the gubernatorial election MarylandTo be the first African-American governor of the state.
• Democrat Maura Healey becomes the first openly gay American woman elected as governor of a state in Massachusetts.
• The leader of the Democratic majority in the Senate, Senator Chuck Schumer, retains his seat from the state of New York.
• Republican Chris Sunono wins re-election to the post of Governor of New Hampshire.
• An Arizona court rejects a Republican request to extend the voting period in Maricopa County.
• Democrat Chris Van Hollen defeats Republican Chris Chafee in the Maryland Senate seat race.
• Republican Hoffen wins North Dakota seat at the expense of his Democratic opponent, Christiansen.
• Democrat Duckworth defeats his rival Salvi in the Senate in the state of Illinois.
Elections are held for 35 of the 100 Senate seats, and all 435 of the House of Representatives seats.
Republicans are by far the favorites to win the five seats they need to take control of the House of Representatives, but control of the Senate could be decided by heated races in Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia and Arizona.
There is also competition for the position of governor in 36 states, and 5 states are holding referendums on the right to miscarriage.
The final result is not likely to emerge any time soon.
“Reader. Infuriatingly humble travel enthusiast. Extreme food scholar. Writer. Communicator.”
It only lasted 3 minutes.. 5 people were killed in a rare tornado that struck Los Angeles, California
The Knesset passes a law limiting the possibility of dismissing the prime minister
UN warning.. The world’s largest fresh water reservoirs are in danger