Some pioneers wentsocial media To say: “Here she is the sun It will rise from the west.” But the absolute truth is that the sun will rise in the direction from which it rises every day.
What did the researchers say about the status of the Earth’s core?
- Initially, the researchers issued the laboratory “SinoProbe” in Peking University A study, the conclusion of which was that the inner core to the planet It may have stopped spinning in the past decade, and its spin may be in the process of reversing today.
- Researchers say data from 1964 to 2021 indicate that frequent earthquakes strong enough to produce seismic waves can penetrate the Earth’s inner core.
- By studying the nature of these waves over a period of years, it became clear from the earthquake graphs that there is an almost complete reflection of the seismic waves on the rotation of the core, and thus the speed of the core differs from the speed of the outer crust.
Does it significantly affect the length of the day?
The study added that the greater the super spin of the nucleus, the shorter the length of the day, and vice versa, but the talk here is about a period of time measured in microseconds, less than the blink of an eye.
There are many laws in nature that are not governed by strict mathematical equations and margins of error. It is not a mistake, but simple, incomprehensible differences that are actually governed by the speed of rotation of the planets, the distances between objects, and many others.
In order to better understand what the study said, we refer to the four layers of the earth:
- the scarf.
- outer core.
- inner core.
The crust, mantle, and inner core of the Earth are distinguished as solid entities, or the outer core, which is the third layer between the mantle and the inner core, as it is a liquid, specifically a viscous substance.
As for the solid mass beneath it, it is of nickel and iron, crushed by gravity into a sphere with a width of about 1,220 kilometers, or about 20% of the radius of the Earth, or 70% of the radius of the Moon.
This solid core, discovered by studying earthquake waves in 1936, surrounded by an outer layer of liquid iron and nickel, generates the earth’s magnetic field.
what does that mean?
Reading any old scientific material about the planet Earth, even on Wikipedia, indicates the possibility of small speed differences between this layer to the inner core of the Earth and the rest of the layers. It simply floats in a liquid, which in theory isolates it from the outer shell at least.
The study, produced by researchers at Peking University, examined several decades of data, looking for patterns in the rotation of Earth’s inner core.
And it was found that the inner core stopped rotating – compared to the movement of liquid materials within the Earth’s mantle layer – between 2009 and 2020.
The scientists explained that the mantle and the inner core are both very heterogeneous, so gravity works to pull the inner core to a position of balance, which is called gravity coupling, which pushes the inner core to change its direction.
Not only that, but because the external factors and here are the seismic waves that affected the difference in speed between the earth’s crust and its nucleus, it is very possible that a reverse change in the direction of rotation will occur to the direction that is happening now.
Is there a danger to humanity?
- The study expected that the reverse rotation of the Earth’s core from east to west would begin around 2040.
- But scientists stressed that although the rotation of the core affects the surface of the planet, this change will not endanger humans or pose any risks to our planet.
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”
Google Play launches the feature of synchronizing applications between user devices
Google Quantum Computer | Gulf newspaper
A rare cosmic event will witness the alignment of 5 planets in the sky. Here’s how to watch. : ScienceAlert