In February, Nintendo and MercurySteam announced Metroid dread As for the adapter, it will receive two new updates.
The first update which added the ‘Dread’ and ‘Rookie’ modes was released on the same day of the announcement and now the second update has finally been released – the addition of the Boss Rush mode.
There are also a number of modes, including Survival Rush and Dread Rush. Finally, some general fixes. Here are the official patch notes, provided by the official Nintendo support page:
worm. 2.1.0 (released April 7, 2022)
New modes have been added
Three different dash modes have been added to the game. Press the R button on the “Samus Files” screen to switch to the Boss Rush selection screen.
- A mode where players fight 12 continuous boss fights and aim to have the best time.
- Any damage incurred is carried over to the next battle. Weapons are fully restored between battles.
- If Samus is defeated, players can select “Retry” to continue playing from the start of the battle they lost. However, there is a time penalty in case of defeat.
- Boss that fought in the Boss Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting “train”.
* Unlocked by beating the main game once. (If a player completes the game before the update is released, they will be able to play Boss Rush immediately after the update.)
- The basic rules are the same as in the Boss Rush, but if Samus is hit by a boss, her energy drops to zero and she is defeated.
- Bosses that have fought in Dread Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting ‘Train’.
* Unlocked by clearing the main game using dread mode. (If a player completes Dread Mode before the update is released, they will be able to play Dread Rush immediately after the update).
- Fixed the bug where the Game Over screen would not display correctly when Samus was damaged and defeated immediately after destroying the CPU.
Have you already downloaded this update? Did you notice anything else? Leave a comment below.
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”