Within a month of the tragedy of the sinking of the Immigrant boat on the Channel, British authorities announced that they would use a portion of the site owned by the Ministry of Defense in Kent as a reception point for incoming immigrants, where five immigrants would have to spend. Days at this new center.
The UK Home Office on Tuesday confirmed that part of the Ministry of Defense in Monston, Kent, would be used as a reception base for immigrants by January 2022. The safest site is where immigrants can stay for up to five days. Labels are checked and screened.
“This new location will provide safe and secure shelter for illegal immigrants, while the relevant authorities will take their action,” said Immigration Minister Tom Pursklov.
The Interior Ministry said the move would have a minimal impact on the lives of those living in the surrounding area, noting that migrants would be relocated to long-term shelters after initial checks.
More >>>> Belgium: 23 defendants stand trial in Vietnamese emigrant truck case
A ministry spokesman clarified that Afghans coming to the UK would not be relocated as part of the current resettlement policy and as part of a broader plan that the government has not yet opened.
Since last year, the Interior Ministry has been using the department’s Napier Barracks near Fallstone to house asylum seekers and process people coming ashore.
The decision comes three weeks after a tragedy in the English Channel following the sinking of a migrant boat that killed 27 migrants, 26 of whom were recently identified.
“Coffee trailblazer. Social media ninja. Unapologetic web guru. Friendly music fan. Alcohol fanatic.”